ARE YOU NEW TO FROME? Are you looking for a school or nursery place?
Well done everyone! A massive THANK YOU goes out to our wonderful PTFA who raised almost £1,000 in the 2019 Autumn Term. Amazing!
Our prestigious "DUSTPAN AND BRUSH AWARD" is a presented at the end of each term to the class that - judged by our three cleaners: Mrs Tracey Hull, Mrs Kay Ives and Mrs Paulyn May - has had the tidiest classroom. The overall standings for the whole 2018-19 academic year were: 1st GOLD ... Pearl Class ; 2nd SILVER ... Ruby Class ; 3rd BRONZE ... Amber Class
We have also updated our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy in response to DfE and Somerset County Council advice.
Please see the Noticeboard on the left of this page.
Visit our new brand new Facebook page (search for “Christ Church Home Learning”) to support children’s learning when school is closed. Please send a friend request to the page so you can be accepted. This is the place to ask any questions about children’s learning.
We want Christ Church to be a shining example of Jesus' love and kindness. We are an inclusive Christian learning community where everyone is welcome and valued, and all are inspired to be the best they can be. We want all children to thrive and flourish in every way, developing a love of learning, discovering their unique strengths and talents, and growing in character and confidence so that their light shines brightly for all to see.
We are proud that Christ Church has been certified by the equality charity Stonewall (www.stonewall.org.uk) as a “School Champion” in recognition of our ongoing work to promote dignity, diversity, respect and tolerance.
Prejudice and discrimination are wrong and will not be tolerated.
Please work with us to make sure that everyone feels safe, valued
and welcome at Christ Church C of E First School and Nursery.
We are proud of our school and the community it serves. We trust this website gives you a flavour of who we are, what we do and why Christ Church C of E First School really is the friendliest, most nurturing, most exciting, most ambitious first school in Somerset.
Christ Church is a Somerset County Council co-educational day school and nursery for children aged two to nine. Situated in inspiring and spacious school grounds in the south of the market town of Frome, less than ten miles from Longleat Safari Park, Christ Church provides an idyllic environment for children’s early physical, intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
We believe a great school overflows with the sound of cheerful children playing and learning with their friends. Yes, academic standards are important and learning is at the heart of all that we do, and, like other schools, we want every girl and boy to achieve their academic potential. But, at Christ Church, we believe a first class education should value excellent character (being kind, friendly and honest) every bit as much as academic effort (hard work, progress and attainment). Equally importantly: we believe school should be fun.
Click here to read more about what makes our school so awesome.
Click here to read our school Privacy Notice.
Letter to parents/carers about plans to reopen the school and nursery on or after 1 June 2020.
A summary of the facts ...
The Government's Stay alert and Control the virus message means social mixing of adults and children at school must be minimised. The Government has said:
1) Parents do not have to send children back to school and all absences will continue to be authorised until the end of July 2020.
2) Nursery 3- and 4-year-olds, Reception and Year 1 children may begin to attend school from 1st June 2020. Please note: at the moment we do not know when Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 children will come back to school but, as soon as we have a date, we will tell you.
3) Schools will have to prioritise social distancing - following the 2m rule. This means children will be in smaller groups of perhaps 10-15 children (rather than in whole classes). To do this we will have to spread children out around the school building. Social distancing will mean many children will not be in their usual classroom or working with their usual adults. (By creating discrete "learning bubbles" of staff and children who will not mix or mingle with other "learning bubbles" on the school premises we are following the strict infection control measures that helped New Zealand to snuff out COVID-19 so quickly.)
4) We will stagger the start and end of the school day so that fewer adult and children are coming in or going out of the school at the same time.
5) We will stagger outdoor playtimes so that groups of children do not mix when they are at school.
6) School staff will be wearing PPE where appropriate. To begin with this will be the "new normal" for a while. Some children may find this difficult to get used to.
7) All children not attending school will be expected to continue their home learning. Packs will continue to be made available every two weeks. Online learning will still be available.
We have produced two special policies to help us keep children safe during school closure and reopening:
All lessons are introduced by celebrities, including children’s TV presenters, which adds an exciting addition to the lessons. A new phonics lesson is uploaded every day, Monday to Friday. After upload, each lesson is then archived and available to watch at any time. There are three sets of daily lessons to choose from and we suggest your child starts with one set of lessons most suitable to their year group and reading ability. If you’re not sure which lessons your child should watch or your child finds the lessons too difficult, then please contact your child's class teacher. They will be able to recommend which lessons are the most appropriate for your child.
These organisations offer help and advice to people suffering domestic abuse:
Click here to view all Newsletters and letters.
Please visit your child's class page to see class specific letters.
To read the Frome Times (26/3/20) article, click here.
To read the Frome Times (2/1/20) article, click here.
To read the Frome Times (7/11/19) article, click here.
To find out more about our October 2019 Ofsted inspection, click here.
Not every school releases an album of eight original songs but,
with the help of Rocktopus, that is exactly what we have done!
1) Be a Global Neighbour
2) Everyone deserves a place to do their business
(the Toilet Twinning song)
3) I’ll be a good friend
4) Save our world today
5) Come learn with me!
6) Jesus helps us make good choices (the Zacchaeus song)
7) Say thank you! (the Ten Lepers song)
8) We can overcome our fears (the David and Goliath song)
To read the lyrics to all eight songs click here.
To listen to the whole album for FREE just click here.