THANK YOU pupils and their families. Thank you for social distancing and hand washing. Stay safe!
THANK YOU to NHS staff and all key workers! Together you are keeping Frome healthy and happy.
THANK YOU to Fair Frome and local shops and restaurants for your generous food donations!
FREE to anyone on benefits or low income.
Strict social distancing and hygiene practices will be in place and we kindly ask you help us with this to keep everyone safe.
For details, click here.
We want Christ Church to be a shining example of Jesus' love and kindness. We are an inclusive Christian learning community where everyone is welcome and valued, and all are inspired to be the best they can be. We want all children to thrive and flourish in every way, developing a love of learning, discovering their unique strengths and talents, and growing in character and confidence so that their light shines brightly for all to see.
We are proud of our school and the community it serves. We trust this website gives you a flavour of who we are, what we do and why Christ Church C of E First School really is the friendliest, most nurturing, most exciting, most ambitious first school in Somerset.
Christ Church is a Somerset County Council co-educational day school and nursery for children aged two to nine. Situated in inspiring and spacious school grounds in the south of the market town of Frome, less than ten miles from Longleat Safari Park, Christ Church provides an idyllic environment for children’s early physical, intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
We believe a great school overflows with the sound of cheerful children playing and learning with their friends. Yes, academic standards are important and learning is at the heart of all that we do, and, like other schools, we want every girl and boy to achieve their academic potential. But, at Christ Church, we believe a first class education should value excellent character (being kind, friendly and honest) every bit as much as academic effort (hard work, progress and attainment). Equally importantly: we believe school should be fun.
Click here to read more about what makes our school so awesome.
Click here to read our school Privacy Notice.
Click on the links below for details ...
NURSERY BUBBLE - timings
DIAMOND BUBBLE - timings
PEARL BUBBLE - timings
AMBER BUBBLE - timings
RUBY BUBBLE - timings
EMERALD BUBBLE - timings
TOPAZ BUBBLE - timings
As from Monday 14th September, we politely insist that all parents and carers follow these rules:
1) Parents and carers must wear a face covering at drop-off and pick-up times.
2) Parents and carers must not gather in groups of more than six.
3) Parents, carers and children must stand on the pavement when queueing on yellow social distancing dots. Do not stand in the road.
4) Parents, carers and children who are not queueing on yellow social distancing dots must wait across the road on the grass at Tower View. Do not stand in the road or block pavements.
5) Vehicles must not park on the yellow zig-zags on Feltham Lane.
6) Vehicles must not park in front of the school gates or private driveways.
7) Vehicles must not park on the pavement.
8) Vehicles must not park on the grass.
9) Parents and carers must be punctual to drop-off and pick-up times for their child(ren)’s bubble(s). (If you are unsure of timings, please check the top of this homepage or see the posters on the school fence.)
We have produced two special policies to help us keep children safe during school closure and reopening:
All lessons are introduced by celebrities, including children’s TV presenters, which adds an exciting addition to the lessons. A new phonics lesson is uploaded every day, Monday to Friday. After upload, each lesson is then archived and available to watch at any time. There are three sets of daily lessons to choose from and we suggest your child starts with one set of lessons most suitable to their year group and reading ability. If you’re not sure which lessons your child should watch or your child finds the lessons too difficult, then please contact your child's class teacher. They will be able to recommend which lessons are the most appropriate for your child.
These organisations offer help and advice to people suffering domestic abuse:
Click here to view all Newsletters and letters.
Please visit your child's class page to see class specific letters.
To read the Frome Times (26/3/20) article, click here.
To read the Frome Times (2/1/20) article, click here.
To read the Frome Times (7/11/19) article, click here.
To find out more about our October 2019 Ofsted inspection, click here.
Not every school releases an album of eight original songs but,
with the help of Rocktopus, that is exactly what we have done!
1) Be a Global Neighbour
2) Everyone deserves a place to do their business
(the Toilet Twinning song)
3) I’ll be a good friend
4) Save our world today
5) Come learn with me!
6) Jesus helps us make good choices (the Zacchaeus song)
7) Say thank you! (the Ten Lepers song)
8) We can overcome our fears (the David and Goliath song)
To read the lyrics to all eight songs click here.
To listen to the whole album for FREE just click here.